Sunday, January 20, 2013

When To Invoke The 3 Day Eviction

Im a landlord and I have had my share of strained relationship with my tenants. However, it has been pretty good for the most part because most of them clean up their messes, take good care of the house and pay their rent on time. They also inform me if they are having any problems with the house and leave on good terms.

However, I also have had a few really troublesome tenants every once in a while. For instance, the last tenant was really a trouble maker. I was forced to give him a 3 day eviction because he would not leave, no matter what I tried.

Normally, I do not want to give eviction notices, but I had no other choice. I had a feeling that he was going to cause trouble almost from the moment that he moved in. He seemed nice when I first met him, but he turned out to be a terrible manipulator. He was a thorn in my side for so long before the 3 day eviction.

That guy would have a story about why he could not get his rent in on time each month. It even got to a point where I would threaten him with a three day eviction every month just to get him to pay me. I gave him a lot of chances but I finally decided that enough is enough.

To tell you the truth, I heard about the 3 day eviction for the first time when his actions forced me to contact my attorney. I have to take some actions because the neighbors were complaining about a bad smell coming from the house. He was evasive at first when I asked him about it, but finally admitted that his cat had died and he had not gotten around to burying it.

I was amazed that he just left that dead animal sitting in his living room for weeks. The house was so filthy that I could not breathe when I went in. You can be sure that I was back with the 3 day eviction the very next morning. I thought that there would be a long court battle because I did not expect him to abide by the 3 day eviction. I was relieved when the 3 day eviction worked and he left without a fuss.

1 comment: